Just about any thing.
Tate A
Sergeant Major of the Army
Private First Class
Private First Class

Starting My Construction Business

Postby Tate A » 31 Dec 2018, 01:55

I have been in general construction for about 4 years, working for others. When I first started 4 years ago, I started at $9 per hour. Then 2 years later I moved to a small company, and started at $10 per hour. $1.70 above minimum wage here in Ohio. The company I move to was very small a one guy operation.

When I first moved to him he mainly did painting and drywall repair, and one to two bathroom remodels once a year. But he was very limited in what he could do in the bathroom. ;) If you need tile, e.g done. You would need to call another construction crew. One day a homeowner bought him a tile saw, lmao. And then I showed him how to do tile. Well the homeowner was happy with are work, that labor was cheap. A $300 tile saw from harbor freight and $25 per hour labor. $600 labor for laying tile. He was quoted $2,400 from another company, so even though it was his first time the price made it look good. Then we started doing more, and more bathrooms. It got to the point we where doing 3 to 4 bathrooms per month. I think we need to rename his biz to Bathroom Remodels, lol. He was more of a handyman, before he started his biz it was auto mechanic. What ever made him go in to construction, idk. He only been doing this for about 3 years

Well one thing I got sick of was him using my tools. We got a call one day for doing hardwood flooring in the hole upstairs. About 1200 SQ FT. I have done flooring a lot in my past. I told him we can do that. But I told him we would need to rent a flooring nailer. And not staples, they don't hole as good as L cleats. So a couple weeks passed, and we where coming up on the flooring job. I asked him if he has checked in to rent a flooring nailer, well he did not. He said cant we just lay the flooring without nailing it. Hell no, it does not lock together. Well it seems that renting or buying a flooring nailer here in Ohio is kind of odd. Nobody has one. I ended up buying 110 miles away, while I was there I bought 5 boxes of L Cleats @ $20 per a box. He bid it at $450 for labor, homeowner was getting the flooring. Well it took us 3 days to do the floor, my income of that job was $240 for 24 hours, and then for $100 L Cleats. See where I getting at, his pay was $4.58 per hour. He does guaranteed price on his bids. It turns out I did not get pay for 3 weeks. No biggie, but he does this a lot.

To be continued.
Pool: Pool.BurstCoin.ml
Mining URL & Ports: http://pool.burstcoin.ml:8080 ( Or 8880 )
Reward Recipient: 16623383385195351940
Tip me: BURST-TATE-CUR8-TAAH-CQ32Z
Tate A
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Starting My Construction Business

Postby Tate A » 31 Dec 2018, 17:12

Well one day we had a job where we needed a 22 ft ladder, the only ladder he has is about 12 ft. I let him use my ladder 1 time. Then it would not stop. It got to the point if he needed a shovel, he would not go get one for the job. Its not the only time you will use a shovel, lol. He would always would ask me to bring mine. If a tool of his quit, I would have to bring my stuff to do the job. After a point I was like I'm getting paid $10 per hour and to use all of my shit. I could go off on my own and make more, and cover the cost when something quits, lol. So that's what I'm working on, so far it has been going okay. A bit slow.
Pool: Pool.BurstCoin.ml
Mining URL & Ports: http://pool.burstcoin.ml:8080 ( Or 8880 )
Reward Recipient: 16623383385195351940
Tip me: BURST-TATE-CUR8-TAAH-CQ32Z