Just about any thing.
Tate A
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Private First Class
Private First Class

My Thoughts PI Hole DNS Ad Blocker

Postby Tate A » 28 Dec 2018, 23:56

About 3 days ago I started playing around with PI Hole. I was trying to block the annoying YouTube video ads. Before this I was using Bind9 DNS to block the ads, but that seemed to stop working a few months ago. Some people will just tell me to install the ADBlock extension, but I want to block the ads on the hole network. The ADBlock extension does not work on iOS, e.g. So I installed PI Hole blocker DNS on a virtual Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS Server, not a PI lol. It in fact does block ads, but does not block the annoying YouTube video ads. I have Googled around to see if anybody has found a fix for this, and did not find anything. When I am using PI Hole as my DNS, it has broken the ADBlock extension. And now I get a lot, and I mean a LOT of 25 to 50 second video ads that I can not skip. And reloading the page does not skip the ad, just makes me restart the ad. And I get the video ads every 4 to 6 minutes, in to a YouTube video. So if I watch a 30 minute YouTube video have to watch 6 annoying video ads ( ~5 minute of ad time ). I get that everybody has to make money, but it seems that YouTube has taken it too far. With out any ad blocking I normally get two ads for a 15 minute video. It use to be one ad per video. And they do not pay the actual content creator very well.

Pool: Pool.BurstCoin.ml
Mining URL & Ports: http://pool.burstcoin.ml:8080 ( Or 8880 )
Reward Recipient: 16623383385195351940
Tip me: BURST-TATE-CUR8-TAAH-CQ32Z